Thursday, August 25, 2005

Proposal to Clarify Delegate Selection to the Presidential Nominating Convention

PROPOSAL # 168 - PROPOSAL to CLARIFY DELEGATE SELECTION TO THE NATIONAL
NOMINATING CONVENTION -


I strongly support this. I saw too many states voting all one candidate or another in Milwaukee, and I doubt many states were not reflective of the national in that they had membership leaning toward different direction. If the GPUS does not start to implement proportional representation as a gold standard for representation. I will personally work to encourageGreens in Florida to ask the GPUS to pull it from our platform. It is disingenous to say we believe in PR and not implement it internally.

If states want to send undeclared they can offer their constituents that option as a choice.
I cant imagine that most would prefer someone else make the decision on the spot. But
who knows? Only one way to know for sure. And that is to ask them.
 
In Florida, ( I know, I know always come back to how we do it in Florida but that is my reference point, and I am proud of the lengths my state goes to regarding sunshine and representation) we bound our delegates to the memberships ranked choice ballots. We bound them through all rounds. I see this as the highest level of representation we could offer. We had "no candidate" as a choice as well. I would love to include unbound delegate names next time, not sure if the general membership would understand it tho, but I would be interested in seeing how many would support this.

Please please. Bring our practices in alignment to our platform. And help to end the divisions that are in this party over this.

I am not content to leave it to the states. This is not a state issue. This is a national issue.

2 Comments:

At 8/30/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, the california courts have ruled that the gpca cannot include NOTA on our primary ballots.

 
At 8/30/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, the california courts have ruled that the gpca cannot include NOTA on our primary ballots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home